"Investigators in The Cancer Genome Atlas (TCGA) Research Network have uncovered a connection between how tumor cells use energy from metabolic processes and the aggressiveness of the most common form of kidney cancer, clear cell renal cell carcin"...
Votrient Patient Information Including Side Effects
Brand Names: Votrient
Generic Name: pazopanib (Pronunciation: paz OH pa nib)
- What is pazopanib (Votrient)?
- What are the possible side effects of pazopanib (Votrient)?
- What is the most important information I should know about pazopanib (Votrient)?
- What should I discuss with my health care provider before taking pazopanib (Votrient)?
- How should I take pazopanib (Votrient)?
- What happens if I miss a dose (Votrient)?
- What happens if I overdose (Votrient)?
- What should I avoid while taking pazopanib (Votrient)?
- What other drugs will affect pazopanib (Votrient)?
- Where can I get more information?
What is pazopanib (Votrient)?
Pazopanib is a cancer medication that interferes with the growth of cancer cells and slows their spread in the body.
Pazopanib is used to treat advanced renal cell carcinoma (kidney cancer).
Pazopanib may also be used for purposes not listed in this medication guide.
What are the possible side effects of pazopanib (Votrient)?
Get emergency medical help if you have any of these signs of an allergic reaction: hives; difficult breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat.
Stop using pazopanib and call your doctor at once if you have a serious side effect such as:
- slow healing of a wound or surgical incision;
- dizziness, fainting, fast or pounding heartbeat;
- black, bloody, or tarry stools;
- coughing up blood or vomit that looks like coffee grounds;
- nausea, stomach pain, low fever, loss of appetite, dark urine, clay-colored stools, jaundice (yellowing of the skin or eyes);
- sudden numbness or weakness (especially on one side of the body), sudden headache, confusion, problems with vision, speech, or balance;
- chest pain or heavy feeling, pain spreading to the arm or shoulder; or
- dangerously high blood pressure (severe headache, blurred vision, buzzing in your ears, anxiety, shortness of breath, uneven heartbeats, seizure).
Less serious side effects may include:
- mild nausea or vomiting, diarrhea;
- changes in hair color;
- tired feeling; or
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088.
Read the Votrient (pazopanib tablets) Side Effects Center for a complete guide to possible side effects
What is the most important information I should know about pazopanib (Votrient)?
Before you take pazopanib, tell your doctor if you have liver disease, heart disease, high blood pressure, underactive thyroid, an ulcer or other stomach disorder, or a history of "Long QT syndrome," blood clot, or bleeding (stomach, intestinal, or brain).
To be sure this medication is not causing harmful effects, your blood may need to be tested often. Visit your doctor regularly.
If you need surgery, tell the surgeon ahead of time that you are using pazopanib. You may need to stop using the medicine for a short time.
Stop using pazopanib and call your doctor at once if you have a serious side effect such as bloody or tarry stools, coughing up blood, loss of appetite, dark urine, jaundice (yellowing of the skin or eyes), sudden numbness or weakness, problems with speech or balance, chest pain, or vision and hearing problems.
Additional Votrient Information
- Votrient Drug Interactions Center: pazopanib oral
- Votrient Side Effects Center
- Votrient Overview including Precautions
- Votrient FDA Approved Prescribing Information including Dosage
Votrient - User Reviews
Votrient User Reviews
Now you can gain knowledge and insight about a drug treatment with Patient Discussions.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Find out what women really need.