Recommended Topic Related To:


"The U.S. Food and Drug Administration today expanded the approved use of Stivarga (regorafenib) to treat patients with advanced gastrointestinal stromal tumors (GIST) that cannot be surgically removed and no longer respond to other FDA-approved t"...


Vumon Patient Information including How Should I Take

Who should not use teniposide (Vumon)?

Do not use teniposide without first talking to your doctor if you have

  • Down's Syndrome;
  • bone marrow suppression;
  • liver disease; or
  • low albumin levels.

The use of teniposide may be dangerous if you have any of the conditions listed above.

Teniposide is in the FDA pregnancy category D. This means that teniposide is known to be harmful to an unborn baby. Do not use teniposide without first talking to your doctor if you are pregnant. Discuss with your doctor the appropriate use of birth control during treatment with teniposide if necessary.

It is not known whether teniposide passes into breast milk. Do not take teniposide without first talking to your doctor if you are breast feeding a baby.

The safety and effectiveness of teniposide in children has not been established.

How should I use teniposide (Vumon)?

Teniposide should only be administered under the supervision of a qualified healthcare provider experienced in the use of cancer chemotherapeutic agents.

Your doctor will determine the correct amount and frequency of treatment with teniposide depending upon the type of cancer being treated and other factors. Talk to your doctor if you have any questions or concerns regarding the treatment schedule.

Your doctor will probably want you to have regularly scheduled blood tests and other medical evaluations during treatment with teniposide to monitor progress and side effects.

Skin accidentally exposed to teniposide should be rinsed thoroughly with soap and warm water.

Your healthcare provider will store teniposide as directed by the manufacturer. If you are storing teniposide at home, follow the directions provided by your healthcare provider.

Side Effects Centers

Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration


You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.


Get the latest treatment options.