February 20, 2017
Warts (Common Warts)
What are the symptoms and signs of the different types of warts?
- There is the familiar type of dome-shaped warts on the backs of fingers, toes, and knees.
- Plantar warts are found on the sole (plantar surface) of the foot (not to be mislabeled as a Planter's wart).
- Flat ("plane") warts may arise on the face, legs, and other parts of the body, often in large numbers.
- Periungual warts are warts around or under the nail.
- Filiform warts have a single long stalk, often on the face.
- Most warts have a rough surface as well as a number of black pinpoint spots that represent small clotted capillaries.
3/7Reviewed on 2/22/2016