- What other names is Water Avens known by?
- What is Water Avens?
- How does Water Avens work?
- Are there safety concerns?
- Are there any interactions with medications?
- Dosing considerations for Water Avens.
Water avens is used for digestive tract problems including diarrhea, catarrhal colitis, and ulcerative colitis. It is also used for uterine bleeding and fevers.
Insufficient Evidence to Rate Effectiveness for...
- Intestinal problems.
- Bleeding from the uterus.
- Other conditions.
Natural Medicines Comprehensive Database rates effectiveness based on scientific evidence according to the following scale: Effective, Likely Effective, Possibly Effective, Possibly Ineffective, Likely Ineffective, and Insufficient Evidence to Rate (detailed description of each of the ratings).
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Find out what women really need.