- What other names is Water Dock known by?
- What is Water Dock?
- How does Water Dock work?
- Are there safety concerns?
- Dosing considerations for Water Dock.
People take water dock to treat constipation and for "blood purification."
Water dock is applied directly to the affected area for mouth ulcers and skin sores. It is also used for cleaning the teeth.
In foods, water dock leaves are used in salads.
Insufficient Evidence to Rate Effectiveness for...
- "Blood purification."
- Mouth ulcers, when applied directly to the skin.
- Sores, when applied directly to the skin.
- Cleaning the teeth.
- Other conditions.
Natural Medicines Comprehensive Database rates effectiveness based on scientific evidence according to the following scale: Effective, Likely Effective, Possibly Effective, Possibly Ineffective, Likely Ineffective, and Insufficient Evidence to Rate (detailed description of each of the ratings).
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
Find out what women really need.