In this Article
- What other names is Water Hemlock known by?
- What is Water Hemlock?
- How does Water Hemlock work?
- Are there safety concerns?
- Are there any interactions with medications?
- Dosing considerations for Water Hemlock.
All plant parts are poisonous and can cause death in as little as 15 minutes. Get immediate medical attention if you have taken water hemlock. The first symptoms of water hemlock poisoning are drooling, nausea, vomiting, wheezing sweating, dizziness, stomach pain, flushing, weakness/tiredness (lethargy), delirium, and uncontrollable bowel movements. These are followed by more serious symptoms including trouble breathing, convulsions, heart problems, kidney failure, coma, and death.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
Find out what women really need.