- What other names is Whey Protein known by?
- What is Whey Protein?
- How does Whey Protein work?
- Are there safety concerns?
- Are there any interactions with medications?
- Dosing considerations for Whey Protein.
Possibly Effective for...
- Improving athletic performance.
- Decreasing weight loss in people with HIV disease (AIDS).
Insufficient Evidence to Rate Effectiveness for...
- Use as an alternative to milk for people with lactose intolerance, preventing allergies in infants, asthma, high cholesterol, cancer, obesity, and other conditions.
Natural Medicines Comprehensive Database rates effectiveness based on scientific evidence according to the following scale: Effective, Likely Effective, Possibly Effective, Possibly Ineffective, Likely Ineffective, and Insufficient Evidence to Rate (detailed description of each of the ratings).
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Allergies & Asthma
Improve treatments & prevent attacks.