- What other names is White Sandalwood known by?
- What is White Sandalwood?
- How does White Sandalwood work?
- Are there safety concerns?
- Are there any interactions with medications?
- Dosing considerations for White Sandalwood.
White sandalwood is used for treating the common cold, cough, bronchitis, fever, and sore mouth and throat. It is also used to treat urinary tract infections (UTIs), liver disease, gallbladder problems, heatstroke, gonorrhea, headache, and conditions of the heart and blood vessels (cardiovascular disease).
In food and beverages, white sandalwood is used as a flavoring.
In manufacturing, white sandalwood oil is used as a fragrance in soaps, cosmetics, and perfumes.
Insufficient Evidence to Rate Effectiveness for...
- Mental alertness. Early research suggests that inhaling fragrance from white sandalwood oil for 20 minutes or applying white sandalwood oil to the skin does not improve mental alertness or attentiveness in healthy individuals.
- Urinary tract infections (UTIs).
- Common cold.
- Sore mouth and throat.
- Liver and gallbladder problems.
- Other conditions.
Natural Medicines Comprehensive Database rates effectiveness based on scientific evidence according to the following scale: Effective, Likely Effective, Possibly Effective, Possibly Ineffective, Likely Ineffective, and Insufficient Evidence to Rate (detailed description of each of the ratings).
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
Find out what women really need.