- What other names is Wild Yam known by?
- What is Wild Yam?
- How does Wild Yam work?
- Are there safety concerns?
- Dosing considerations for Wild Yam.
Possibly Ineffective for...
- Hot flashes and night sweats associated with menopause, when wild yam cream is applied to the skin.
Insufficient Evidence to Rate Effectiveness for...
- Use as a natural alternative to estrogens, postmenopausal vaginal dryness, premenstrual syndrome (PMS), osteoporosis, increasing energy and libido in men and women, gallbladder problems, painful menstruation (periods), or rheumatoid arthritis.
Natural Medicines Comprehensive Database rates effectiveness based on scientific evidence according to the following scale: Effective, Likely Effective, Possibly Effective, Possibly Ineffective, Likely Ineffective, and Insufficient Evidence to Rate (detailed description of each of the ratings).
Next: How does Wild Yam work?
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
Find out what women really need.