- What other names is Willow Bark known by?
- What is Willow Bark?
- How does Willow Bark work?
- Are there safety concerns?
- Are there any interactions with medications?
- Dosing considerations for Willow Bark.
Possibly Effective for...
- Treating low back pain.
Insufficient Evidence to Rate Effectiveness for...
- Osteoarthritis ("wear and tear arthritis"), rheumatoid arthritis, weight loss when taken in combination with other herbs, treating fever, joint pain, and headaches.
Natural Medicines Comprehensive Database rates effectiveness based on scientific evidence according to the following scale: Effective, Likely Effective, Possibly Effective, Possibly Ineffective, Likely Ineffective, and Insufficient Evidence to Rate (detailed description of each of the ratings).
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Chronic Pain/Back Pain
Find tips and advances in treatment.