aspirin-like chemical that might reduce pain, swelling, and fever.
In this Article
- What other names is Wintergreen known by?
- What is Wintergreen?
- How does Wintergreen work?
- Are there safety concerns?
- Are there any interactions with medications?
- Dosing considerations for Wintergreen.
When applied directly to the skin wintergreen oil can cause skin irritation.
Wintergreen leaf and oil can be poisonous for children.
Do not use wintergreen leaf if:
- You are pregnant or breast-feeding.
- You are allergic to aspirin or salicylates.
- You have a stomach or intestinal condition.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Find out what women really need.