In this Article
- What other names is Witch Hazel known by?
- What is Witch Hazel?
- How does Witch Hazel work?
- Are there safety concerns?
- Dosing considerations for Witch Hazel.
It also seems to be safe for most adults when small doses are taken by mouth. In some people, witch hazel might cause stomach upset when taken by mouth. Large doses might cause liver problems.
Do not take witch hazel by mouth if:
- You are pregnant or breast-feeding.
APPLIED TO THE SKIN:
- For itching and discomfort associated with hemorrhoids and other anal disorders: Witch hazel water (Hamamelis Liquid Extract diluted with water) applied up to 6 times a day or after every bowel movement.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
Find out what women really need.