- What other names is Witch Hazel known by?
- What is Witch Hazel?
- How does Witch Hazel work?
- Are there safety concerns?
- Dosing considerations for Witch Hazel.
Possibly Effective for...
- Stopping minor bleeding.
- Reducing skin irritation.
Insufficient Evidence to Rate Effectiveness for...
- Diarrhea, vomiting blood, coughing up blood, tuberculosis, colds, fevers, eye inflammation, bruises, varicose veins, and other conditions.
Natural Medicines Comprehensive Database rates effectiveness based on scientific evidence according to the following scale: Effective, Likely Effective, Possibly Effective, Possibly Ineffective, Likely Ineffective, and Insufficient Evidence to Rate (detailed description of each of the ratings).
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Find out what women really need.