"June 18, 2015 -- A diet rich in fermented foods and drinks likely to contain probiotics may help curb social anxiety in young adults, new research suggests.
The study points to a promising link. It doesn't prove cause and effect, though, sa"...
Xanax XR Patient Information including If I Miss a Dose
In this Article
- What is alprazolam (Xanax XR)?
- What are the possible side effects of alprazolam (Xanax XR)?
- What is the most important information I should know about alprazolam (Xanax XR)?
- What should I discuss with my healthcare provider before taking alprazolam (Xanax XR)?
- How should I take alprazolam (Xanax XR)?
- What happens if I miss a dose (Xanax XR)?
- What happens if I overdose (Xanax XR)?
- What should I avoid while taking alprazolam (Xanax XR)?
- What other drugs will affect alprazolam (Xanax XR)?
- Where can I get more information?
What happens if I miss a dose (Xanax XR)?
Take the missed dose as soon as you remember. Skip the missed dose if it is almost time for your next scheduled dose. Do not take extra medicine to make up the missed dose.
What happens if I overdose (Xanax XR)?
Seek emergency medical attention or call the Poison Help line at 1-800-222-1222. An overdose of alprazolam can be fatal. Overdose symptoms may include extreme drowsiness, confusion, muscle weakness, loss of balance or coordination, feeling light-headed, and fainting.
What should I avoid while taking alprazolam (Xanax XR)?
Do not drink alcohol while taking alprazolam. This medication can increase the effects of alcohol.
Alprazolam may impair your thinking or reactions. Be careful if you drive or do anything that requires you to be alert.
Grapefruit and grapefruit juice may interact with alprazolam and lead to unwanted side effects. Discuss the use of grapefruit products with your doctor.
What other drugs will affect alprazolam (Xanax XR)?
Before using alprazolam, tell your doctor if you regularly use other medicines that make you sleepy (such as cold or allergy medicine, other sedatives, narcotic pain medicine, sleeping pills, muscle relaxers, and medicine for seizures, depression, or anxiety). They can add to sleepiness caused by alprazolam.
Tell your doctor about all other medicines you use, especially:
- birth control pills;
- cimetidine (Tagamet);
- cyclosporine (Gengraf, Neoral, Sandimmune);
- dexamethasone (Cortastat, Dexasone, Solurex, DexPak);
- ergotamine (Cafergot, Ergomar, Migergot);
- imatinib (Gleevec);
- isoniazid (for treating tuberculosis);
- St. John's wort;
- an antibiotic such as clarithromycin (Biaxin), erythromycin (E.E.S., EryPed, Ery-Tab, Erythrocin, Pediazole), rifabutin (Mycobutin), rifampin (Rifadin, Rifater, Rifamate), rifapentine (Priftin), or telithromycin (Ketek);
- antifungal medication such as miconazole (Oravig) or voriconazole (Vfend);
- an antidepressant such as fluoxetine (Prozac, Sarafem, Symbyax), fluvoxamine (Luvox), desipramine (Norpramin), imipramine (Janimine, Tofranil), or nefazodone;
- a barbiturate such as butabarbital (Butisol), secobarbital (Seconal), pentobarbital (Nembutal), or phenobarbital (Solfoton);
- heart or blood pressure medication such as amiodarone (Cordarone, Pacerone), diltiazem (Tiazac, Cartia, Cardizem), nicardipine (Cardene), nifedipine (Nifedical, Procardia), or quinidine (Quin-G);
- HIV/AIDS medicine such as atazanavir (Reyataz), delavirdine (Rescriptor), efavirenz (Sustiva, Atripla), etravirine (Intelence), indinavir (Crixivan), nelfinavir (Viracept), nevirapine (Viramune), saquinavir (Invirase), or ritonavir (Norvir, Kaletra); or
- seizure medication such as carbamazepine (Carbatrol, Equetro, Tegretol), felbamate (Felbatol), oxcarbazepine (Trileptal), phenytoin (Dilantin), or primidone (Mysoline).
This list is not complete and other drugs may interact with alprazolam. Tell your doctor about all medications you use. This includes prescription, over-the-counter, vitamin, and herbal products. Do not start a new medication without telling your doctor.
Where can I get more information?
Your pharmacist can provide more information about alprazolam.
Remember, keep this and all other medicines out of the reach of children, never share your medicines with others, and use this medication only for the indication prescribed.
Every effort has been made to ensure that the information provided by Cerner Multum, Inc. ('Multum') is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. Drug information contained herein may be time sensitive. Multum information has been compiled for use by healthcare practitioners and consumers in the United States and therefore Multum does not warrant that uses outside of the United States are appropriate, unless specifically indicated otherwise. Multum's drug information does not endorse drugs, diagnose patients or recommend therapy. Multum's drug information is an informational resource designed to assist licensed healthcare practitioners in caring for their patients and/or to serve consumers viewing this service as a supplement to, and not a substitute for, the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgment of healthcare practitioners. The absence of a warning for a given drug or drug combination in no way should be construed to indicate that the drug or drug combination is safe, effective or appropriate for any given patient. Multum does not assume any responsibility for any aspect of healthcare administered with the aid of information Multum provides. The information contained herein is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, warnings, drug interactions, allergic reactions, or adverse effects. If you have questions about the drugs you are taking, check with your doctor, nurse or pharmacist.
Copyright 1996-2013 Cerner Multum, Inc. Version: 9.01. Revision date: 10/22/2012.
Your use of the content provided in this service indicates that you have read,understood and agree to the End-User License Agreement,which can be accessed by clicking on this link.
Additional Xanax XR Information
- Xanax XR Drug Interactions Center: alprazolam oral
- Xanax XR Side Effects Center
- Xanax XR Overview including Precautions
- Xanax XR FDA Approved Prescribing Information including Dosage
Xanax XR - User Reviews
Xanax XR User Reviews
Now you can gain knowledge and insight about a drug treatment with Patient Discussions.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
Get tips on therapy and treatment.