- What other names is Xanthan Gum known by?
- What is Xanthan Gum?
- How does Xanthan Gum work?
- Are there safety concerns?
- Are there any interactions with medications?
- Dosing considerations for Xanthan Gum.
Possibly Effective for...
- Use as a bulk-forming laxative to treat constipation.
- Lowering blood sugar in people with diabetes.
- Lowering cholesterol levels in people with diabetes.
- Use as a saliva substitute for dry mouth.
Insufficient Evidence to Rate Effectiveness for...
Natural Medicines Comprehensive Database rates effectiveness based on scientific evidence according to the following scale: Effective, Likely Effective, Possibly Effective, Possibly Ineffective, Likely Ineffective, and Insufficient Evidence to Rate (detailed description of each of the ratings).
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
Find tips and advances in treatment.