- What other names is Xanthoparmelia known by?
- What is Xanthoparmelia?
- How does Xanthoparmelia work?
- Are there safety concerns?
- Dosing considerations for Xanthoparmelia.
Xanthoparmelia is used to treat sexual dysfunction, especially erectile dysfunction (ED), as well as to increase sexual desire (as an aphrodisiac). It is also used for cancer.
Products containing xanthoparmelia are often marketed for sexual enhancement. In 2004, the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) seized numerous brand name supplement products containing xanthoparmelia because these products also contained the prescription drug tadalafil (Cialis). This drug is used to treat erectile dysfunction (ED).
Insufficient Evidence to Rate Effectiveness for...
- Sexual dysfunction, including erectile dysfunction (ED).
- Increasing sexual desire (as an aphrodisiac).
- Other conditions.
Natural Medicines Comprehensive Database rates effectiveness based on scientific evidence according to the following scale: Effective, Likely Effective, Possibly Effective, Possibly Ineffective, Likely Ineffective, and Insufficient Evidence to Rate (detailed description of each of the ratings).
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
Find out what women really need.