"Nov. 4, 2014 -- Twenty-year-old Milton Wright III's life seemed to finally be on track. After a lifetime of interruptions to his education, his football career, and his plans to join the Marines, he found his way. He had launched a modeling caree"...
Parents and caregivers should be cautioned about the following:
- For patients under 3 years of age, special care must be given to accurately measuring the prescribed dose and not administering the product more often than prescribed.
- To ensure accuracy, we recommend you use a measuring device to carefully measure the correct volume.
- The product should only be used for the prescribed indication.
- To reduce the risk of accidental ingestion, the product container should be tightly closed and the product should be stored well out of reach of all children immediately after each use.
- If the patient shows signs of systemic toxicity (e.g., lethargy, shallow breathing, seizure activity) emergency medical attention should be sought immediately and no additional product should be administered.
- Unused product should be discarded in a manner that prevents possible exposure to children and pets.
All patients should be aware that when topical anesthetics are used in the mouth or throat, the production of topical anesthesia may impair swallowing and thus enhance the danger of aspiration. For this reason, food should not be ingested for 60 minutes following use of local anesthetic preparations in the mouth or throat area. This is particularly important in children because of their frequency of eating.
Last reviewed on RxList: 10/1/2014
This monograph has been modified to include the generic and brand name in many instances.
Additional Xylocaine Viscous Information
Xylocaine Viscous - User Reviews
Xylocaine Viscous User Reviews
Now you can gain knowledge and insight about a drug treatment with Patient Discussions.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
Get the latest treatment options.