"Dec. 12, 2012 -- Heavy coffee drinkers -- those who drink more than four cups a day -- may cut their risk of dying from cancers of the mouth and throat by nearly half, according to new research.
"We examined coffee drinking habits in "...
Xylocaine Viscous Patient Information Including Side Effects
Brand Names: Xylocaine Viscous
Generic Name: lidocaine viscous (Pronunciation: LYE doe kane VIS kus)
- What is lidocaine viscous (Xylocaine Viscous)?
- What are the possible side effects of lidocaine viscous (Xylocaine Viscous)?
- What is the most important information I should know about lidocaine viscous (Xylocaine Viscous)?
- What should I discuss with my healthcare provider before using lidocaine viscous (Xylocaine Viscous)?
- How should I use lidocaine viscous (Xylocaine Viscous)?
- What happens if I miss a dose (Xylocaine Viscous)?
- What happens if I overdose (Xylocaine Viscous)?
- What should I avoid while using lidocaine viscous (Xylocaine Viscous)?
- What other drugs will affect lidocaine viscous (Xylocaine Viscous)?
- Where can I get more information?
What is lidocaine viscous (Xylocaine Viscous)?
Lidocaine is a local anesthetic (numbing medication). It works by blocking nerve signals in your body.
Lidocaine viscous is used to treat sores inside the mouth, during dental procedures to numb the gums, and to numb the skin for a medical procedure (such as getting stitches).
Lidocaine viscous may also be used for other purposes not listed in this medication guide.
What are the possible side effects of lidocaine viscous (Xylocaine Viscous)?
Get emergency medical help if you have any of these signs of an allergic reaction: hives; difficulty breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat.
Stop using lidocaine viscous and call your doctor at once if you have any of these serious side effects:
- slow or uneven heartbeats;
- drowsiness, confusion;
- tremors, seizure (convulsions); or
- blurred vision.
Less serious side effects may include:
- mild irritation, redness, or swelling where the medication is applied;
- numbness in places where the medicine is accidentally applied.
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Tell your doctor about any unusual or bothersome side effect. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088.
Read the Xylocaine Viscous (lidocaine hydrochloride solution) Side Effects Center for a complete guide to possible side effects
What is the most important information I should know about lidocaine viscous (Xylocaine Viscous)?
An overdose of numbing medications can cause fatal side effects if too much of the medicine is absorbed through your skin or gums and into your blood. This is more likely to occur when using a numbing medicine without the advice of a medical doctor (such as during a cosmetic procedure like laser hair removal). Overdose symptoms may include uneven heartbeats, seizure (convulsions), coma, slowed breathing, or respiratory failure (breathing stops).
Your body may absorb more of this medication if you use too much, if you apply it over large areas, or if you apply heat to treated skin areas. Skin or gum tissue that is cut or irritated may also absorb more medication than healthy tissue.
Use the smallest amount of this medication needed to numb or relieve pain. Do not use large amounts of lidocaine viscous.
Additional Xylocaine Viscous Information
Xylocaine Viscous - User Reviews
Xylocaine Viscous User Reviews
Now you can gain knowledge and insight about a drug treatment with Patient Discussions.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Get the latest treatment options.