"Nov. 9, 2012 -- If you're allergic to the metals nickel or cobalt, you may want to consider that when you pick a mobile phone.
In a new study, researchers tested new and used mobile phones for nickel and cobalt. Some people are allerg"...
Xyzal Patient Information including How Should I Take
In this Article
- What is levocetirizine (Xyzal)?
- What are the possible side effects of levocetirizine (Xyzal)?
- What is the most important information I should know about levocetirizine (Xyzal)?
- What should I discuss with my healthcare provider before taking levocetirizine (Xyzal)?
- How should I take levocetirizine (Xyzal)?
- What happens if I miss a dose (Xyzal)?
- What happens if I overdose (Xyzal)?
- What should I avoid while taking levocetirizine (Xyzal)?
- What other drugs will affect levocetirizine (Xyzal)?
- Where can I get more information?
What should I discuss with my healthcare provider before taking levocetirizine (Xyzal)?
You should not use this medication if you are allergic to levocetirizine or cetirizine (Zyrtec).
You should not take levocetirizine if you have end-stage kidney disease or if you are on dialysis. Any child younger than 12 years old with kidney disease should not take levocetirizine.
To make sure you can safely take levocetirizine, tell your doctor if you have any of these other conditions:
- liver disease;
- kidney disease;
- enlarged prostate or urination problems; or
- gallbladder problems.
FDA pregnancy category B. Levocetirizine is not expected to harm an unborn baby. Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or plan to become pregnant during treatment.
Levocetirizine can pass into breast milk and may harm a nursing baby. You should not breast-feed while you are taking levocetirizine.
Do not give this medication to a child younger than 6 months old.
How should I take levocetirizine (Xyzal)?
Follow the directions on your prescription label. Do not take this medicine in larger or smaller amounts or for longer than recommended.
It is very important not to give a child more than the prescribed dose of this medication. A child's body absorbs twice as much of the same dose size of levocetirizine as an adult's body.
Taking more of this medication will not make it more effective, and may cause severe drowsiness.
You may take this medication with or without food.
Measure liquid medicine with a special dose-measuring spoon or cup, not a regular table spoon. If you do not have a dose-measuring device, ask your pharmacist for one.
Call your doctor if your symptoms do not improve, if they get worse, or if you also have a fever.
Store at room temperature away from moisture and heat.
Additional Xyzal Information
- Xyzal Drug Interactions Center: levocetirizine oral
- Xyzal Side Effects Center
- Xyzal Overview including Precautions
- Xyzal FDA Approved Prescribing Information including Dosage
Xyzal - User Reviews
Xyzal User Reviews
Now you can gain knowledge and insight about a drug treatment with Patient Discussions.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Allergies & Asthma
Improve treatments & prevent attacks.