- What other names is Yerba Mansa known by?
- What is Yerba Mansa?
- How does Yerba Mansa work?
- Are there safety concerns?
- Are there any interactions with medications?
- Dosing considerations for Yerba Mansa.
Yerba mansa is used for the common cold and related mucus production (catarrh), cough, throat problems, and tuberculosis. It is also used for stomach and intestinal problems, including constipation; sexually transmitted diseases; skin problems; and cancer.
Yerba mansa is also used as a pain-killer, disinfectant, and tonic. Some people use it to cause sweating or vomiting.
Insufficient Evidence to Rate Effectiveness for...
- Mucus production (catarrh).
- Stomach and intestine problems.
- Throat problems.
- Skin problems.
- Sexually transmitted diseases.
- Other conditions.
Natural Medicines Comprehensive Database rates effectiveness based on scientific evidence according to the following scale: Effective, Likely Effective, Possibly Effective, Possibly Ineffective, Likely Ineffective, and Insufficient Evidence to Rate (detailed description of each of the ratings).
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Find out what women really need.