"Oct. 24, 2012 -- One of the oldest and cheapest drugs around may be highly effective against colon cancer, a new study shows.
Some of the most cutting-edge cancer therapies involve targeted treatments used in patients with specific gene mut"...
- That ZALTRAP can cause severe bleeding. Advise patients to contact their health care provider for bleeding or symptoms of bleeding including lightheadedness.
- That ZALTRAP increases the risk of compromised wound healing. Instruct patients not to undergo surgery or procedures (including tooth extractions) without discussing first with their health care provider.
- That ZALTRAP can cause or exacerbate existing hypertension. Advise patients to undergo routine blood pressure monitoring and to contact their health care provider if blood pressure is elevated or if symptoms from hypertension occur including severe headache, lightheadedness, or neurologic symptoms.
- To notify the health care provider of severe diarrhea, vomiting, or severe abdominal pain.
- To notify their health care provider of fever or other signs of infection.
- Of an increased risk of arterial thromboembolic events.
- Of the potential risks to the fetus or neonate using ZALTRAP during pregnancy or nursing and of the need to use highly effective contraception in both males and females during and for at least 3 months following last dose of ZALTRAP therapy. Advise the patient to immediately contact the healthcare provider if they or their partner becomes pregnant during treatment with ZALTRAP.
Last reviewed on RxList: 8/13/2012
This monograph has been modified to include the generic and brand name in many instances.
Additional Zaltrap Information
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Get the latest treatment options.