"What is high blood pressure (hypertension)?
High blood pressure, also known as hypertension, affects nearly a third of all Americans. With hypertension, too much force is exerted on the arteries as blood is pumped through. This results "...
Zebeta Patient Information Including Side Effects
Brand Names: Zebeta
Generic Name: bisoprolol (Pronunciation: BIS oh PROE lol)
- What is bisoprolol (Zebeta)?
- What are the possible side effects of bisoprolol (Zebeta)?
- What is the most important information I should know about bisoprolol (Zebeta)?
- What should I discuss with my healthcare provider before taking bisoprolol (Zebeta)?
- How should I take bisoprolol (Zebeta)?
- What happens if I miss a dose (Zebeta)?
- What happens if I overdose (Zebeta)?
- What should I avoid while taking bisoprolol (Zebeta)?
- What other drugs will affect bisoprolol (Zebeta)?
- Where can I get more information?
What is bisoprolol (Zebeta)?
Bisoprolol is in a group of drugs called beta-blockers. Beta-blockers affect the heart and circulation (blood flow through arteries and veins).
Bisoprolol is used to treat hypertension (high blood pressure).
Bisoprolol may also be used for other purposes not listed in this medication guide.
Bisoprolol 10 mg-MYL
round, white, imprinted with M, 524
Bisoprolol 10 mg-TEV
round, white, imprinted with 5271 93
Bisoprolol 5 mg-MYL
round, pink, imprinted with M, 523
Bisoprolol 5 mg-TEV
round, pink, imprinted with 5270 93
Zebeta 10 mg
heart, white, imprinted with L L, B 3
Zebeta 5 mg
heart, pink, imprinted with B I, L L
What are the possible side effects of bisoprolol (Zebeta)?
Get emergency medical help if you have any of these signs of an allergic reaction: hives; difficulty breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat.
Call your doctor at once if you have any of these serious side effects:
- slow, fast, or pounding heartbeats;
- chest pain, feeling like you might pass out;
- confusion, hallucinations;
- feeling short of breath, even with mild exertion;
- swelling of your ankles or feet;
- pain or burning when you urinate; or
- numbness, tingling, or cold feeling in your hands and feet.
Less serious side effects may include:
- dry mouth, nausea, vomiting, stomach pain;
- diarrhea, constipation, increased urination;
- runny or stuffy nose, ringing in your ears;
- feeling tired or weak;
- sleep problems (insomnia);
- drowsiness, dizziness, spinning sensation;
- depression, anxiety, restless feeling;
- joint or muscle pain;
- mild itching or skin rash; or
- loss of interest in sex.
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Tell your doctor about any unusual or bothersome side effect. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088.
Read the Zebeta (bisoprolol fumarate) Side Effects Center for a complete guide to possible side effects
What is the most important information I should know about bisoprolol (Zebeta)?
Do not skip doses or stop taking bisoprolol without first talking to your doctor. Stopping suddenly may make your condition worse or cause other serious heart problems.
If you need to have any type of surgery, tell the surgeon ahead of time that you are using bisoprolol.
Bisoprolol can cause side effects that may impair your thinking or reactions. Be careful if you drive or do anything that requires you to be awake and alert.
Avoid drinking alcohol. It can increase some of the side effects of bisoprolol.
Bisoprolol is only part of a complete program of treatment for hypertension that may also include diet, exercise, and weight control. Follow your diet, medication, and exercise routines very closely if you are being treated for hypertension.
Keep using this medicine as directed, even if you feel well. High blood pressure often has no symptoms. You may need to use blood pressure medication for the rest of your life.
Additional Zebeta Information
Zebeta - User Reviews
Zebeta User Reviews
Now you can gain knowledge and insight about a drug treatment with Patient Discussions.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
Get tips on handling your hypertension.