"The U.S. Food and Drug Administration today approved Liposorber LA-15 System to treat pediatric patients with primary focal segmental glomerulosclerosis (FSGS) either before transplant, or after renal (kidney) transplantation in which there is re"...
Patients should be advised:
- of the most common adverse reactions with use of Zemplar Capsules, which include diarrhea, hypertension, dizziness and vomiting.
- to adhere to instructions regarding diet and phosphorus restriction.
- to contact a health care provider if you develop symptoms of elevated calcium, (e.g. feeling tired, difficulty thinking clearly, loss of appetite, nausea, vomiting, constipation, increased thirst, increased urination and weight loss).
- to return to the physician's office for routine monitoring. More frequent monitoring is necessary during the initiation of therapy, following dose changes or when potentially interacting medications are started or discontinued.
- to inform their physician of all medications, including prescription and nonprescription drugs, supplements, and herbal preparations they are taking and any change to their medical condition. Patients should also be advised to inform their physicians prescribing a new medication that they are taking Zemplar Capsules.
Last reviewed on RxList: 9/24/2014
This monograph has been modified to include the generic and brand name in many instances.
Additional Zemplar Capsules Information
Zemplar Capsules - User Reviews
Zemplar Capsules User Reviews
Now you can gain knowledge and insight about a drug treatment with Patient Discussions.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
Find out what women really need.