"Analysis of three biomarkers in the urine of kidney transplant recipients can diagnose — and even predict — transplant rejection, according to results from a clinical trial sponsored by the National Institute of Allergy and Infect"...
Zemplar Capsules Patient Information including How Should I Take
In this Article
- What is paricalcitol (Zemplar Capsules)?
- What are the possible side effects of paricalcitol (Zemplar Capsules)?
- What is the most important information I should know about paricalcitol (Zemplar Capsules)?
- What should I discuss with my healthcare provider before taking paricalcitol (Zemplar Capsules)?
- How should I take paricalcitol (Zemplar Capsules)?
- What happens if I miss a dose (Zemplar Capsules)?
- What happens if I overdose (Zemplar Capsules)?
- What should I avoid while taking paricalcitol (Zemplar Capsules)?
- What other drugs will affect paricalcitol (Zemplar Capsules)?
- Where can I get more information?
What should I discuss with my healthcare provider before taking paricalcitol (Zemplar Capsules)?
Do not use this medication if you have ever had an allergic reaction to vitamin D, or if you have:
- high levels of calcium in your blood (hypercalcemia); or
- high levels of vitamin D in your body (vitamin D toxicity).
If you have any of these other conditions, you may need a paricalcitol dose adjustment or special tests:
- high blood pressure;
- liver disease; or
- an electrolyte imbalance.
FDA pregnancy category C. It is not known whether paricalcitol will harm an unborn baby. Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or plan to become pregnant while using this medication..
Your paricalcitol dose needs may change if you are breast-feeding a baby. Do not use this medication without telling your doctor if you are breast-feeding a baby.
How should I take paricalcitol (Zemplar Capsules)?
Take exactly as prescribed by your doctor. Do not take in larger or smaller amounts or for longer than recommended. Follow the directions on your prescription label.
Paricalcitol is sometimes taken daily, and sometimes taken every other day. Follow your doctor's instructions carefully.
Your doctor may occasionally change your dose to make sure you get the best results.
You may take this medication with or without food.
While using paricalcitol, you may need blood tests at your doctor's office. Visit your doctor regularly.
Paricalcitol is only part of a complete program of treatment that may also include a special diet. It is very important to follow the diet plan created for you by your doctor or nutrition counselor. You should become very familiar with the list of foods you must eat or avoid to help control your condition.
Store at room temperature away from moisture, light, and heat.
Additional Zemplar Capsules Information
- Zemplar Capsules Drug Interactions Center: paricalcitol oral
- Zemplar Capsules Side Effects Center
- Zemplar Capsules Overview including Precautions
- Zemplar Capsules FDA Approved Prescribing Information including Dosage
Zemplar Capsules - User Reviews
Zemplar Capsules User Reviews
Now you can gain knowledge and insight about a drug treatment with Patient Discussions.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Find out what women really need.