- Patient Information:
Details with Side Effects
- To contact a healthcare professional for severe signs and symptoms of infusion reactions. ,
- To take premedications as prescribed [see DOSAGE AND ADMINISTRATION and WARNINGS AND PRECAUTIONS].
- To report any signs or symptoms of cytopenias (bleeding, easy bruising, petechiae or purpura, pallor, weakness or fatigue) [see WARNINGS AND PRECAUTIONS].
- To avoid medications that interfere with platelet function, except as directed by a healthcare professional [see WARNINGS AND PRECAUTIONS].
- To seek prompt medical evaluation for diffuse rash, bullae, or desquamation of the skin or oral mucosa [see WARNINGS AND PRECAUTIONS].
- To immediately report symptoms of infection (e.g. pyrexia) [see ADVERSE REACTIONS].
- That immunization with live viral vaccines is not recommended for 12 months following the Zevalin therapeutic regimen [see WARNINGS AND PRECAUTIONS].
- To use effective contraceptive methods during treatment and for a minimum of 12 months following Zevalin therapy [see WARNINGS AND PRECAUTIONS], Use in Specific Populations and Nonclinical Toxicology].
- To discontinue nursing during and after Zevalin treatment [see Use In Special Populations].
Last reviewed on RxList: 12/21/2011
This monograph has been modified to include the generic and brand name in many instances.
Additional Zevalin Information
Zevalin - User Reviews
Zevalin User Reviews
Now you can gain knowledge and insight about a drug treatment with Patient Discussions.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Find out what women really need.