"Dec. 14, 2012 -- Drinking a glass of beet juice may have an immediate impact on lowering blood pressure, according to a new study.
The study shows that within hours of drinking it, beet juice lowered systolic blood pressure (the top n"...
Ziac Patient Information Including Side Effects
Brand Names: Ziac
Generic Name: hydrochlorothiazide and bisoprolol (Pronunciation: HYE droe klor oh THYE a zide and bi SOE proe lol)
- What is hydrochlorothiazide and bisoprolol (Ziac)?
- What are the possible side effects of hydrochlorothiazide and bisoprolol (Ziac)?
- What is the most important information I should know about hydrochlorothiazide and bisoprolol (Ziac)?
- What should I discuss with my doctor before taking hydrochlorothiazide and bisoprolol (Ziac)?
- How should I take hydrochlorothiazide and bisoprolol (Ziac)?
- What happens if I miss a dose (Ziac)?
- What happens if I overdose (Ziac)?
- What should I avoid while taking hydrochlorothiazide and bisoprolol (Ziac)?
- What other drugs will affect hydrochlorothiazide and bisoprolol (Ziac)?
- Where can I get more information?
What is hydrochlorothiazide and bisoprolol (Ziac)?
Hydrochlorothiazide is a thiazide diuretic (water pill) that helps prevent your body from absorbing too much salt, which can cause fluid retention.
Bisoprolol is a beta-blocker. Beta-blockers affect the heart and circulation (blood flow through arteries and veins).
The combination of hydrochlorothiazide and bisoprolol is used to treat high blood pressure (hypertension).
Hydrochlorothiazide and bisoprolol may also be used for purposes not listed in this medication guide.
Bisoprolol-HCT 10 mg-6.25 mg-PUR
oblong, white, imprinted with 652, R
Bisoprolol-HCT 10 mg-6.25 mg-WAT
round, white, imprinted with 843, WATSON
Bisoprolol-HCT 2.5 mg-6.25 mg-WAT
round, yellow, imprinted with 841, WATSON
Bisoprolol-HCT 5 mg-6.25 mg-WAT
round, pink, imprinted with 842, WATSON
Bisoprolol-HCTZ 10 mg-6.25 mg-EON
round, white, imprinted with E 707
Bisoprolol-HCTZ 10-6.25 mg-MYL
round, white, imprinted with 505, M
Bisoprolol-HCTZ 2.5 mg-6.25 mg-EON
round, peach, imprinted with E 701
Bisoprolol-HCTZ 2.5-6.25 mg-MYL
round, orange, imprinted with 501, M
Bisoprolol-HCTZ 5 mg-6.25 mg-EON
round, red, imprinted with E 704
Bisoprolol-HCTZ 5-6.25 mg-MYL
round, blue, imprinted with 503, M
Ziac 10 mg
round, white, imprinted with LL, B 14
Ziac 10 mg-BAR
round, white, imprinted with b, 40
Ziac 2.5 mg
round, yellow, imprinted with LL, B 12
Ziac 2.5 mg-BAR
round, yellow, imprinted with b, 47
Ziac 5 mg
round, pink, imprinted with LL, B 13
Ziac 5 mg-BAR
round, pink, imprinted with b, 50
What are the possible side effects of hydrochlorothiazide and bisoprolol (Ziac)?
Get emergency medical help if you have any of these signs of an allergic reaction: hives; difficulty breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat.
Stop using this medication and call your doctor at once if you have any of these serious side effects:
- eye pain, vision problems;
- swelling, rapid weight gain, feeling short of breath, even with mild exertion;
- fast, slow, or uneven heartbeat;
- easy bruising or bleeding;
- sudden numbness or weakness, especially on one side of the body;
- sudden severe headache, confusion, problems with speech or balance;
- chest pain, sudden cough, wheezing, rapid breathing, coughing up blood;
- pain, swelling, warmth, or redness in one or both legs;
- numbness or tingly feeling in your hands or feet;
- feeling weak, drowsy, restless, or light-headed;
- dry mouth, extreme thirst, confusion, increased urination, leg discomfort, muscle weakness or limp feeling, nausea and vomiting;
- urinating less than usual or not at all;
- fever, sore throat, and headache with a severe blistering, peeling, and red skin rash; or
- upper stomach pain, loss of appetite, dark urine, clay-colored stools, jaundice (yellowing of the skin or eyes).
Less serious side effects may include:
- diarrhea, constipation, upset stomach;
- dizziness, spinning sensation;
- cough, runny nose;
- ringing in your ears; or
- blurred vision.
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088.
Read the Ziac (bisoprolol and hydrochlorothiazide) Side Effects Center for a complete guide to possible side effects
What is the most important information I should know about hydrochlorothiazide and bisoprolol (Ziac)?
You should not use this medication if you have severe or uncontrolled heart failure, a heart condition called "sick sinus syndrome" or "AV block," slow heartbeats, an allergy to sulfa drugs, or if you are unable to urinate.
Before using this medication, tell your doctor if you have congestive heart failure, circulation problems, kidney or liver disease, cirrhosis, glaucoma, asthma, bronchospastic lung disease, a thyroid disorder, lupus, gout, diabetes, or a penicillin allergy.
If you are diabetic, check your blood sugar carefully. Using bisoprolol can make it harder for you to tell when you have low blood sugar. Your insulin or diabetic medication needs may change while you are taking hydrochlorothiazide and bisoprolol. Talk with your doctor before changing any doses.
Drinking alcohol can further lower your blood pressure and may increase certain side effects of hydrochlorothiazide and bisoprolol.
Avoid becoming overheated or dehydrated during exercise and in hot weather. Follow your doctor's instructions about the type and amount of liquids you should drink. In some cases, drinking too much liquid can be as unsafe as not drinking enough.
Keep using this medication even if you feel fine. High blood pressure often has no symptoms.
There are many other medicines that can interact with hydrochlorothiazide and bisoprolol. Tell your doctor about all the prescription and over-the-counter medications you use.
Additional Ziac Information
Ziac - User Reviews
Ziac User Reviews
Now you can gain knowledge and insight about a drug treatment with Patient Discussions.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
Get tips on handling your hypertension.