Ziana Gel Patient Information Including Side Effects
Brand Names: Ziana
Generic Name: clindamycin and tretinoin (topical) (Pronunciation: klin da MYE sin TRET i noyn)
- What is clindamycin and tretinoin topical (Ziana Gel)?
- What are the possible side effects of clindamycin and tretinoin topical (Ziana Gel)?
- What is the most important information I should know about clindamycin and tretinoin topical (Ziana Gel)?
- What should I discuss with my health care provider before using clindamycin and tretinoin topical (Ziana Gel)?
- How should I use clindamycin and tretinoin topical (Ziana Gel)?
- What happens if I miss a dose (Ziana Gel)?
- What happens if I overdose (Ziana Gel)?
- What should I avoid while using clindamycin and tretinoin topical (Ziana Gel)?
- What other drugs will affect clindamycin and tretinoin topical (Ziana Gel)?
- Where can I get more information?
What is clindamycin and tretinoin topical (Ziana Gel)?
Clindamycin is an antibiotic. It fights bacteria in the body.
Tretinoin is a form of vitamin A. It reduces the amount of oil released by oil glands in your skin, and helps your skin renew itself more quickly.
The combination of clindamycin and tretinoin is used to treat severe nodular acne in adults and children who are at least 12 years old.
Clindamycin and tretinoin topical may also be used for purposes other than those listed in this medication guide.
What are the possible side effects of clindamycin and tretinoin topical (Ziana Gel)?
Get emergency medical help if you have any of these signs of an allergic reaction: hives; difficulty breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat.
Stop using this medicine and call your doctor at once if you have any of these serious side effects:
- severe redness, burning, stinging, or peeling of treat skin areas; or
- diarrhea that is watery or bloody.
Continue using this medicine and talk with your doctor if you have any of these less serious side effects:
- mild itching, stinging, or dryness of treated skin;
- temporary lightening or darkening of treated skin; or
- stuffy nose, sore throat, cough.
Side effects other than those listed here may also occur. Talk to your doctor about any side effect that seems unusual or that is especially bothersome. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088.
Read the Ziana Gel (clindamycin phosphate, tretinoin) Side Effects Center for a complete guide to possible side effects
What is the most important information I should know about clindamycin and tretinoin topical (Ziana Gel)?
Avoid getting this medication in your eyes, mouth, or nose (or in the creases of your nose), or on your lips. If it does get into any of these areas, wash with water. Do not apply this medicine to sunburned, windburned, dry, chapped, irritated, or broken skin.
Avoid using skin products that can cause irritation, such as harsh soaps, shampoos, or skin cleansers, hair coloring or permanent chemicals, hair removers or waxes, or skin products with alcohol, spices, astringents, or lime. Do not use other medicated skin products unless your doctor has told you to.
Although this medicine is applied to the skin, your body may absorb enough clindamycin to cause serious side effects.
Antibiotic medicines can cause diarrhea, which may be a sign of a new infection. If you have diarrhea that is watery or has blood in it, call your doctor. Do not use any medicine to stop the diarrhea unless your doctor has told you to.
Avoid exposure to sunlight or artificial UV rays (sunlamps or tanning beds). Clindamycin and tretinoin topical can make your skin more sensitive to sunlight and sunburn may result. Use a sunscreen (minimum SPF 15) and wear protective clothing if you must be out in the sun.
Your skin may be more sensitive to weather extremes such as cold and wind. Protect your skin with clothing and use a moisturizing cream or lotion as needed.
Additional Ziana Gel Information
Ziana Gel - User Reviews
Ziana Gel User Reviews
Now you can gain knowledge and insight about a drug treatment with Patient Discussions.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
Find out what women really need.