"The U.S. Food and Drug Administration today approved Lymphoseek (technetium Tc 99m tilmanocept) Injection, a radioactive diagnostic imaging agent that helps doctors locate lymph nodes in patients with breast cancer or melanoma who are undergoing "...
- Patients should be informed that ZOFRAN may cause serious cardiac arrhythmias such as QT prolongation. Patients should be instructed to tell their health care provider right away if they perceive a change in their heart rate, if they feel lightheaded, or if they have a syncopal episode.
- Patients should be informed that the chances of developing severe cardiac arrhythmias such as QT prolongation and Torsade de Pointes are higher in the following people:
ZOFRAN should be avoided in these patients, since they may be more at risk for cardiac arrhythmias such as QT prolongation and Torsade de Pointes.
- Inform patients that ZOFRAN may cause hypersensitivity reactions, some as severe as anaphylaxis and bronchospasm. The patient should report any signs and symptoms of hypersensitivity reactions, including fever, chills, rash, or breathing problems.
- The patient should report the use of all medications, especially apomorphine, to their health care provider. Concomitant use of apomorphine and ZOFRAN may cause a significant drop in blood pressure and loss of consciousness.
- Inform patients that ZOFRAN may cause headache, drowsiness/sedation, constipation, fever and diarrhea.
Last reviewed on RxList: 11/28/2012
This monograph has been modified to include the generic and brand name in many instances.
Additional Zofran Injection Information
Zofran Injection - User Reviews
Zofran Injection User Reviews
Now you can gain knowledge and insight about a drug treatment with Patient Discussions.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Get the latest treatment options.