Zomig Nasal Spray
"Jan. 15, 2013 -- Women who have migraine with aura may have a higher risk of heart attacks, and they may face a higher risk of dangerous blood clots if they use certain hormonal contraceptives.
Those are the findings from two newly pu"...
Zomig Nasal Spray
Zomig Nasal Spray Patient Information including If I Miss a Dose
In this Article
- What is zolmitriptan nasal (Zomig Nasal Spray)?
- What are the possible side effects of zolmitriptan nasal (Zomig Nasal Spray)?
- What is the most important information I should know about zolmitriptan nasal (Zomig Nasal Spray)?
- What should I discuss with my healthcare provider before using zolmitriptan nasal (Zomig Nasal Spray)?
- How should I use zolmitriptan nasal (Zomig Nasal Spray)?
- What happens if I miss a dose (Zomig Nasal Spray)?
- What happens if I overdose (Zomig Nasal Spray)?
- What should I avoid while using zolmitriptan nasal (Zomig Nasal Spray)?
- What other drugs will affect zolmitriptan nasal (Zomig Nasal Spray)?
- Where can I get more information?
What happens if I miss a dose (Zomig Nasal Spray)?
Since zolmitriptan is used as needed, it does not have a daily dosing schedule. Call your doctor promptly if your symptoms do not improve after using zolmitriptan.
After using zolmitriptan, you must wait two (2) hours before using it a second time. Do not use more than 10 mg of zolmitriptan in 24 hours.
What happens if I overdose (Zomig Nasal Spray)?
Seek emergency medical attention or call the Poison Help line at 1-800-222-1222.
What should I avoid while using zolmitriptan nasal (Zomig Nasal Spray)?
Do not use zolmitriptan within 24 hours before or after using another migraine headache medicine, including:
- zolmitriptan tablets, almotriptan (Axert), eletriptan (Relpax), frovatriptan (Frova), naratriptan (Amerge), rizatriptan (Maxalt, Maxalt-MLT), or sumatriptan (Imitrex, Treximet); or
- ergot medicine such as ergotamine (Ergomar, Cafergot, Migergot), dihydroergotamine (D.H.E. 45, Migranal), or methylergonovine (Methergine).
Zolmitriptan may impair your thinking or reactions. Be careful if you drive or do anything that requires you to be alert.
What other drugs will affect zolmitriptan nasal (Zomig Nasal Spray)?
Tell your doctor about all other medicines you use, especially:
- cimetidine (Tagamet); or
- an antidepressant such as citalopram (Celexa), desvenlafaxine (Pristiq), duloxetine (Cymbalta), escitalopram (Lexapro), fluoxetine (Prozac, Sarafem), fluvoxamine (Luvox), paroxetine (Paxil), sertraline (Zoloft), or venlafaxine (Effexor).
This list is not complete and other drugs may interact with zolmitriptan. Tell your doctor about all medications you use. This includes prescription, over-the-counter, vitamin, and herbal products. Do not start a new medication without telling your doctor.
Where can I get more information?
Your pharmacist can provide more information about zolmitriptan nasal.
Remember, keep this and all other medicines out of the reach of children, never share your medicines with others, and use this medication only for the indication prescribed.
Every effort has been made to ensure that the information provided by Cerner Multum, Inc. ('Multum') is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. Drug information contained herein may be time sensitive. Multum information has been compiled for use by healthcare practitioners and consumers in the United States and therefore Multum does not warrant that uses outside of the United States are appropriate, unless specifically indicated otherwise. Multum's drug information does not endorse drugs, diagnose patients or recommend therapy. Multum's drug information is an informational resource designed to assist licensed healthcare practitioners in caring for their patients and/or to serve consumers viewing this service as a supplement to, and not a substitute for, the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgment of healthcare practitioners. The absence of a warning for a given drug or drug combination in no way should be construed to indicate that the drug or drug combination is safe, effective or appropriate for any given patient. Multum does not assume any responsibility for any aspect of healthcare administered with the aid of information Multum provides. The information contained herein is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, warnings, drug interactions, allergic reactions, or adverse effects. If you have questions about the drugs you are taking, check with your doctor, nurse or pharmacist.
Copyright 1996-2013 Cerner Multum, Inc. Version: 2.03. Revision date: 1/30/2012.
Your use of the content provided in this service indicates that you have read,understood and agree to the End-User License Agreement,which can be accessed by clicking on this link.
Additional Zomig Nasal Spray Information
- Zomig Nasal Spray Drug Interactions Center: zolmitriptan nasl
- Zomig Nasal Spray Side Effects Center
- Zomig Nasal Spray Overview including Precautions
- Zomig Nasal Spray FDA Approved Prescribing Information including Dosage
Zomig Nasal Spray - User Reviews
Zomig Nasal Spray User Reviews
Now you can gain knowledge and insight about a drug treatment with Patient Discussions.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Find the secrets to longer life.