"What are benzodiazepines, and how do they work?
Benzodiazepines are a class of drugs primarily used for treating anxiety, but they also are effective in treating several other conditions. The exact mechanism of action of benzodiaz"...
Zyprexa Relprevv Patient Information including If I Miss a Dose
In this Article
- What is olanzapine injection (Zyprexa Relprevv)?
- What are the possible side effects of olanzapine injection (Zyprexa Relprevv)?
- What is the most important information I should know about olanzapine injection (Zyprexa Relprevv)?
- What should I discuss with my healthcare provider before receiving olanzapine injection (Zyprexa Relprevv)?
- How is olanzapine injection given (Zyprexa Relprevv)?
- What happens if I miss a dose (Zyprexa Relprevv)?
- What happens if I overdose (Zyprexa Relprevv)?
- What should I avoid after receiving olanzapine injection (Zyprexa Relprevv)?
- What other drugs will affect olanzapine injection (Zyprexa Relprevv)?
- Where can I get more information?
What happens if I miss a dose (Zyprexa Relprevv)?
Since olanzapine injection is given by a healthcare professional in an emergency setting, you are not likely to miss a dose.
What happens if I overdose (Zyprexa Relprevv)?
Since this medication is given by a healthcare professional in a medical setting, an overdose is unlikely to occur.
What should I avoid after receiving olanzapine injection (Zyprexa Relprevv)?
Olanzapine may impair your thinking or reactions. Be careful if you do anything that requires you to be alert.
Avoid getting up too fast from a sitting or lying position, or you may feel dizzy. Get up slowly and steady yourself to prevent a fall.
Drinking alcohol can increase sleepiness caused by olanzapine.
What other drugs will affect olanzapine injection (Zyprexa Relprevv)?
Tell your doctor about all other medicines you use, especially:
- blood pressure medication;
- alprazolam (Xanax)
- diazepam (Valium);
- clonazepam (Klonopin);
- lorazepam (Ativan);
- temazepam (Restoril); or
- if you take olanzapine by mouth (Zyprexa, Symbyax, or Zyprexa Zydis).
This list is not complete and other drugs may interact with olanzapine injection. Tell your doctor about all medications you use. This includes prescription, over-the-counter, vitamin, and herbal products. Do not start a new medication without telling your doctor.
Where can I get more information?
Your doctor or pharmacist can provide more information about olanzapine injection.
Remember, keep this and all other medicines out of the reach of children, never share your medicines with others, and use this medication only for the indication prescribed.
Every effort has been made to ensure that the information provided by Cerner Multum, Inc. ('Multum') is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. Drug information contained herein may be time sensitive. Multum information has been compiled for use by healthcare practitioners and consumers in the United States and therefore Multum does not warrant that uses outside of the United States are appropriate, unless specifically indicated otherwise. Multum's drug information does not endorse drugs, diagnose patients or recommend therapy. Multum's drug information is an informational resource designed to assist licensed healthcare practitioners in caring for their patients and/or to serve consumers viewing this service as a supplement to, and not a substitute for, the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgment of healthcare practitioners. The absence of a warning for a given drug or drug combination in no way should be construed to indicate that the drug or drug combination is safe, effective or appropriate for any given patient. Multum does not assume any responsibility for any aspect of healthcare administered with the aid of information Multum provides. The information contained herein is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, warnings, drug interactions, allergic reactions, or adverse effects. If you have questions about the drugs you are taking, check with your doctor, nurse or pharmacist.
Copyright 1996-2013 Cerner Multum, Inc. Version: 1.01. Revision date: 10/16/2011.
Your use of the content provided in this service indicates that you have read,understood and agree to the End-User License Agreement,which can be accessed by clicking on this link.
Additional Zyprexa Relprevv Information
- Zyprexa Relprevv Drug Interactions Center: olanzapine pamoate im
- Zyprexa Relprevv Side Effects Center
- Zyprexa Relprevv Overview including Precautions
- Zyprexa Relprevv FDA Approved Prescribing Information including Dosage
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Get tips on therapy and treatment.