"What are anxiety medications and how do they work?
Anxiety is a normal and useful response to potentially stressful or dangerous situations. It increases our awareness of what's going on around us. For most people, anxiety is short liv"...
Zyprexa Relprevv Patient Information including How Should I Take
In this Article
- What is olanzapine injection (Zyprexa Relprevv)?
- What are the possible side effects of olanzapine injection (Zyprexa Relprevv)?
- What is the most important information I should know about olanzapine injection (Zyprexa Relprevv)?
- What should I discuss with my healthcare provider before receiving olanzapine injection (Zyprexa Relprevv)?
- How is olanzapine injection given (Zyprexa Relprevv)?
- What happens if I miss a dose (Zyprexa Relprevv)?
- What happens if I overdose (Zyprexa Relprevv)?
- What should I avoid after receiving olanzapine injection (Zyprexa Relprevv)?
- What other drugs will affect olanzapine injection (Zyprexa Relprevv)?
- Where can I get more information?
What should I discuss with my healthcare provider before receiving olanzapine injection (Zyprexa Relprevv)?
Olanzapine is not for use in psychotic conditions related to dementia. Olanzapine may cause heart failure, sudden death, or pneumonia in older adults with dementia-related conditions.
You should not receive this medication if you are allergic to olanzapine.
If possible before you receive olanzapine injection, tell your doctor if you have:
- heart disease;
- congestive heart failure;
- a heart rhythm disorder;
- a history of heart attack or stroke; or
- if you are also using a sedative such as Valium.
FDA pregnancy category C. It is not known whether olanzapine injection will harm an unborn baby. Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or plan to become pregnant while using this medication.
Olanzapine can pass into breast milk and may harm a nursing baby. You may need to stop breast-feeding for a short time after receiving an olanzapine injection. Follow your doctor's instructions.
In an emergency situation, it may not be possible before you are treated with olanzapine to tell your caregivers if you are pregnant or breast feeding. Make sure any doctor caring for your pregnancy or your baby knows you have received this medicine.
How is olanzapine injection given (Zyprexa Relprevv)?
Olanzapine is injected into a muscle. You will receive this injection in a clinic or hospital setting.
An olanzapine injection is usually given only once. If you still have symptoms after 2 hours, your caregivers may use a second or third dose.
Additional Zyprexa Relprevv Information
- Zyprexa Relprevv Drug Interactions Center: olanzapine pamoate im
- Zyprexa Relprevv Side Effects Center
- Zyprexa Relprevv Overview including Precautions
- Zyprexa Relprevv FDA Approved Prescribing Information including Dosage
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Get tips on therapy and treatment.