"Dec. 24, 2012 -- Colorado Springs high school junior Morgan Smith can't remember a time when he didn't have life-threatening food allergies.
The 16-year-old had his first reaction to peanut butter at 9 months of age when he broke out in hiv"...
ZYRTEC-D® (cetirizine, pseudoephedrine) Tablets temporarily relieves these symptoms due to hay fever or other upper respiratory allergies:
- runny nose
- itchy, watery eyes
- itching of the nose or throat
- nasal congestion
Do not use
- if you have ever had an allergic reaction to this product or any of its ingredients or to an antihistamine containing hydroxyzine.
- if you are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric, or emotional conditions, or Parkinson's disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking this product.
Ask a doctor before use if you have
- heart disease
- thyroid disease
- high blood pressure
- trouble urinating due to an enlarged prostate gland
- liver or kidney disease. Your doctor should determine if you need a different dose.
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are taking tranquilizers or sedatives.
When using this product
- do not use more than directed
- drowsiness may occur
- avoid alcoholic drinks
- alcohol, sedatives, and tranquilizers may increase drowsiness
- be careful when driving a motor vehicle or operating machinery
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- an allergic reaction to this product occurs. Seek medical help right away.
- you get nervous, dizzy, or sleepless.
- symptoms do not improve within 7 days or are accompanied by fever.
If pregnant or breast-feeding
- If breast-feeding not recommended.
- If pregnant: ask a health professional before use.
Keep out of reach of children. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
Last reviewed on RxList: 4/29/2008
This monograph has been modified to include the generic and brand name in many instances.
Additional Zyrtec-D Information
Zyrtec-D - User Reviews
Zyrtec-D User Reviews
Now you can gain knowledge and insight about a drug treatment with Patient Discussions.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
Allergies & Asthma
Improve treatments & prevent attacks.