- What other names is American Spikenard known by?
- What is American Spikenard?
- How does American Spikenard work?
- Are there safety concerns?
- Dosing considerations for American Spikenard.
People take American spikenard for colds, chronic coughs, asthma, and arthritis. It is also used to loosen chest congestion, boost tissue regrowth, and promote sweating.
Some people apply American spikenard directly to the skin as an alternative to sarsaparilla for treating skin diseases.
Insufficient Evidence to Rate Effectiveness for...
- Promoting sweating.
- Skin diseases, when applied directly.
- Other conditions.
Natural Medicines Comprehensive Database rates effectiveness based on scientific evidence according to the following scale: Effective, Likely Effective, Possibly Effective, Possibly Ineffective, Likely Ineffective, and Insufficient Evidence to Rate (detailed description of each of the ratings).
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Find out what women really need.