HOW DO ANTITUSSIVE/DECONGESTANT/EXPECTORANT COMBOS WORK?
Decongestants work in the following ways:
- Relieve irritation of upper respiratory tract infection
- Reduce swelling of the inner lining of the nose
- Relieve nasal congestion
- Shrink blood vessels in the nasal passage to relieve nasal congestion
HOW ARE ANTITUSSIVE/DECONGESTANT/EXPECTORANT COMBOS USED?
- bronchial irritation
WHAT ARE SIDE EFFECTS OF ANTITUSSIVE/DECONGESTANT/EXPECTORANT COMBOS?
Side effects of antitussives/decongestant/expectorant combos may include:
- Hypertension (high blood pressure)
- Irregular heart rate
The information contained herein is not intended to cover all possible side effects, precautions, warnings, drug interactions, allergic reactions, or adverse effects. Check with your doctor or pharmacist to make sure these drugs do not cause any harm when you take them along with other medicines. Never stop taking your medication and never change your dose or frequency without consulting your doctor.
WHAT ARE DRUG NAMES OF ANTITUSSIVE/DECONGESTANT/EXPECTORANT COMBOS?
Generic and brand names of antitussive/decongestant/expectorant combos include:
- Broncotron-D Suspension
- Capmist DM Tablets
- Children's Mucinex Multi-Symptom Cold
- Children's Robitussin Cough & Cold CF
- Deconex DMX Tablets
- ExeFen DMX Tablets
- Mucinex Fast-Max Severe Congestion & Cough
- Q-Tussin CF Liquid
- Robafen CF Liquid
- Robitussin Peak Cold Maximum Strength Multi-Symptom Cold
- Robitussin Peak Cold Multi-Symptom Cold