- What other names is Apricot Kernel known by?
- What is Apricot Kernel?
- How does Apricot Kernel work?
- Are there safety concerns?
- Dosing considerations for Apricot Kernel.
Despite serious safety concerns, apricot kernel is used for treating cancer. It is taken by mouth or given as an injection.
Possibly Ineffective for...
- Cancer. Taking apricot kernel or amygdaline (Laetrile), the active chemical in apricot kernel, by mouth does not seem to be effective for treating cancer.
Insufficient Evidence to Rate Effectiveness for...
Natural Medicines Comprehensive Database rates effectiveness based on scientific evidence according to the following scale: Effective, Likely Effective, Possibly Effective, Possibly Ineffective, Likely Ineffective, and Insufficient Evidence to Rate (detailed description of each of the ratings).
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Find out what women really need.