HOW DO B VITAMINS WORK?
- B vitamins are nutritional supplements that assist the body in various functions. Eight B vitamins that are beneficial for the body include:
- B1 (thiamine)
- B2 (riboflavin)
- B3 (niacin)
- B5 (pantothenic acid)
- B7 (biotin)
- Folic acid
B vitamins help the body in various ways. Some of these include:
- Fighting infections
- Creating nonessential amino acids
- Producing insulin
- Reducing the risk of spine and brain deformities in newborns
- Creating red blood cells
Some of the ideal sources of B vitamins include:
- Dairy products
- Green leafy vegetables
HOW ARE B VITAMINS USED?
B vitamins are used as nutritional supplements. They are also beneficial in treating:
WHAT ARE SIDE EFFECTS OF B VITAMINS?
Some of the common side effects of B vitamins include:
- Tightness of the throat
- Severe allergic reaction
- Excessive sweating
- Joint pain
- Sore throat
- Inflammation and swelling of the mucous membrane of the nose
- Abdominal pain
- Irregular heart rate
- Burning sensation of the skin
The information contained herein is not intended to cover all possible side effects, precautions, warnings, drug interactions, allergic reactions, or adverse effects. Check with your doctor or pharmacist to make sure these drugs do not cause any harm when you take them along with other medicines. Never stop taking your medication and never change your dose or frequency without consulting your doctor.
WHAT ARE NAMES OF B VITAMINS?
Generic and brand names of B vitamins include: