- What other names is Bear's Garlic known by?
- What is Bear's Garlic?
- How does Bear's Garlic work?
- Are there safety concerns?
- Dosing considerations for Bear's Garlic.
People take bear's garlic for indigestion, intestinal gas, high blood pressure, and "hardening of the arteries" (arteriosclerosis).
Some people apply bear's garlic directly to the skin for ongoing rashes.
Insufficient Evidence to Rate Effectiveness for...
- Intestinal gas.
- High blood pressure.
- "Hardening of the arteries" (arteriosclerosis).
- Skin rashes, when applied to the skin.
- Other conditions.
Natural Medicines Comprehensive Database rates effectiveness based on scientific evidence according to the following scale: Effective, Likely Effective, Possibly Effective, Possibly Ineffective, Likely Ineffective, and Insufficient Evidence to Rate (detailed description of each of the ratings).
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Find out what women really need.