Bht (Butylated Hydroxytoluene)
- What other names is Butylated Hydroxytoluene known by?
- What is Butylated Hydroxytoluene?
- How does Butylated Hydroxytoluene work?
- Are there safety concerns?
- Dosing considerations for Butylated Hydroxytoluene.
BHT is used to treat genital herpes and acquired immunodeficiency syndrome (AIDS).
Some people apply BHT directly to the skin for cold sores.
Insufficient Evidence to Rate Effectiveness for...
- Cold sores caused by a type of virus called herpes. Developing evidence suggests that putting BHT on cold sores may help them heal faster.
- Genital herpes.
- Acquired immunodeficiency syndrome (AIDS).
- Other conditions.
Natural Medicines Comprehensive Database rates effectiveness based on scientific evidence according to the following scale: Effective, Likely Effective, Possibly Effective, Possibly Ineffective, Likely Ineffective, and Insufficient Evidence to Rate (detailed description of each of the ratings).
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Find out what women really need.