Nair can be used in your private area. However, there are some things to remember before using Nair to remove your pubic hair:
- Avoid using the cream if you have any cuts or abrasions.
- Trim your hair before applying the cream. Thick and long hair can be a difficult task to remove and keeping the cream for a long time can cause potential injury to your skin.
- Before using Nair, always test a small patch of the cream onto the sensitive area before applying it to the pubic hair.
- Avoid getting Nair inside your vaginal canal or near your rectum to reduce chances of infection.
- Coat the vulva, vaginal canal, and rectum with a layer of petroleum jelly to prevent the cream from getting inside.
- After waiting for a few minutes, wipe off the cream with a soft washcloth. Do not use a plastic spatula to remove the cream.
- After the cream application, if you experience severe burning or itching sensation, immediately wash the area with water.
What is Nair?
Nair is a brand of hair-removal cream. Hair-removal cream or depilatories are chemicals that temporarily remove unwanted hair on the face and body.
A depilatory is a cream or lotion, which has a strong, alkaline-based component.
Depilatories work by removing hair just at the skin surface. They only remove the hair from the exterior and not from beneath the skin or the hair root.
The ingredients of Nair depilatory cream involve:
Besides, Nair also comprises:
How does a Nair cream work?
Before understanding how Nair works, it is crucial to know about the hair structure. Each hair is made from keratin. Keratin is a protein fiber that is twisted together like yarn and held by a chemical bond. The calcium or potassium hydroxide makes the hair swell and thus open the keratin fibers. It helps the thioglycolate salts to penetrate the hair and break down the sulfur bonds holding the fibers together. Once the bonds are broken, the hair degrades and can be wiped easily.
Nair also acts as an exfoliant, removing dead skin cells on your skin surface.
Health Solutions From Our Sponsors
Church & Dwight (Australia) Pty Ltd. Nair. https://nair.com.au/#products