Table of Contents
- Canker sore definition and facts
- What are canker sores, and what do they look like?
- What causes canker sores?
- Are canker sores the same thing as cold sores (fever blisters)?
- What are symptoms and signs of canker sores?
- What natural or home remedies cure canker sores?
- What topical prescription and over-the-counter (OTC) medications cure canker sores?
- What mouthwash solutions be used to treat and cure canker sores?
- What oral medications are available to cure canker sores?
- What should a person do if they get reccurent or chronic canker sores?
Are canker sores the same thing as cold sores (fever blisters)?
Canker sores occur inside the mouth and are not contagious. Fever blisters are infections caused by the herpes simplex virus (HSV), they mostly occur on the lips and outside of the mouth, and they are very contagious.
4/9Reviewed on 10/10/2016