- What other names is Chinese Cucumber known by?
- What is Chinese Cucumber?
- How does Chinese Cucumber work?
- Are there safety concerns?
- Are there any interactions with medications?
- Dosing considerations for Chinese Cucumber.
Chinese cucumber ROOT is taken by mouth for HIV/AIDS, cough, fever, swelling, tumors, and diabetes. Chinese cucumber root is sometimes given as a shot to cause an abortion. A starch extract of the root is used for treating pockets of infection (abscesses), absence of menstruation, yellowing of the skin caused by bile pigments in the blood (jaundice), liver disease (hepatitis), frequent urination, and tumors.
Chinese cucumber FRUIT and SEED are taken by mouth for cough, fever, swelling, tumors, and diabetes.
Chinese cucumber FRUIT is also applied to the vagina to cause an abortion.
Insufficient Evidence to Rate Effectiveness for...
- HIV infection.
- Causing an abortion, when the root is given as a shot or the fruit is applied to the vagina.
- Other conditions.
Natural Medicines Comprehensive Database rates effectiveness based on scientific evidence according to the following scale: Effective, Likely Effective, Possibly Effective, Possibly Ineffective, Likely Ineffective, and Insufficient Evidence to Rate (detailed description of each of the ratings).
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Find out what women really need.