- What other names is Colloidal Silver known by?
- What is Colloidal Silver?
- How does Colloidal Silver work?
- Are there safety concerns?
- Are there any interactions with medications?
- Dosing considerations for Colloidal Silver.
There are many Internet ads for the parts of a generator that produces colloidal silver at home. People who produce colloidal silver at home will likely not be able to evaluate their product for purity or strength. There are many products that are far safer and more effective than colloidal silver.
Despite these concerns about safety and effectiveness, people still buy colloidal silver as a dietary supplement and use it for a wide range of ailments.
People are using colloidal silver for conditions such as infections, cancer, diabetes, arthritis, and many others, but there is no scientific evidence to support these uses. Using colloidal silver can also be unsafe.
Possibly Ineffective for...
- Eye infections. Some research shows that using colloidal silver eye drops in both eyes shortly after birth does not help prevent certain eye infections in newborns. Other research shows that applying a colloidal silver solution to the eye surface of people undergoing eye surgery does not prevent infections as well as applying povidone-iodine solution.
Insufficient Evidence to Rate Effectiveness for...
- Ear infections.
- Fungal infections.
- Lyme disease.
- Sinus infections.
- Stomach ulcers.
- Yeast infections.
- Chronic fatigue syndrome.
- Food poisoning.
- Gum disease.
- Preventing flu and colds.
- Other conditions.
Natural Medicines Comprehensive Database rates effectiveness based on scientific evidence according to the following scale: Effective, Likely Effective, Possibly Effective, Possibly Ineffective, Likely Ineffective, and Insufficient Evidence to Rate (detailed description of each of the ratings).
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Find out what women really need.