Brand Name: Indian frankincense
Generic Name: Boswellia
Drug Class: Gastrointestinal, Herbals; Musculoskeletal, Herbals
What Is Boswellia and How Does It Work?
Clinical trials have shown beneficial evidence for boswellia for all of the above uses but of varying consistency and reliability.
Boswellia is available under the following different brand names: Indian frankincense.
Dosages of Boswellia:
- Suggested Dosing: Follow manufacturer's instructions
Dosage Considerations – Should be Given as Follows:
General Dosing Guidelines
- 300-500 mg orally two to three times daily
- Extract: 333 mg three times daily orally
- Extract: 3600 mg/day
- Gum Resin preparation: 350 mg three times daily orally
- 300 mg three times daily orally
- Generally 300-500 mg orally two to three times daily, higher in inflammatory bowel disease (IBD)
Get the latest treatment options