Brand Name: Xeloda
Generic Name: Capecitabine
Drug Class: Antineoplastics, Antimetabolite
What Is Capecitabine and How Does It Work?
Capecitabine is available under the following different brand names: Xeloda.
Dosages of Capecitabine:
- 150 mg
- 500 mg
Dosage Considerations – Should be Given as Follows:
Duke Stage C Colon Cancer
- 1,250 mg/m2 orally twice a day for 2 weeks, followed by 1-week rest period, given as 3 week cycles for a total of 8 cycles (24 weeks)
- 1250 mg/m2 twice a day for 2 weeks every 21 days
Metastatic, resistant to paclitaxel, anthracyclines
- Monotherapy: 1250 mg/m2 twice a day for 2 weeks every 3 weeks
- Combo therapy with Docetaxel: 1250 m2 orally twice a day for 2 weeks every 3 weeks plus Docetaxel 75 mg/m2 1 hour intravenous infusion every 3 weeks
- Swallow with water within 30 minutes after a meal
- Dosage may need to be individualized to optimize patient management
Get the latest treatment options.