Brand Name: Pletal
Generic Name: cilostazol
Drug Class: Antiplatelet Agents, Hematologic; PDE-3 Inhibitors; Phospholipase A2 Inhibitors
What Is Cilostazol and How Does It Work?
Cilostazol is available under the following different brand names: Pletal.
Dosages of Cilostazol:
Dosage Forms and Strengths
- 59 mg
- 100 mg
Dosage Considerations – Should be Given as Follows:
Peripheral Vascular Disease
- 100 mg orally every 12 hours 30 minutes before or 2 hours after meals
- CYP2C19 or CYP3A4 inhibitors: Reduce dosage to 50 mg orally every 12 hours
Thrombotic Complications of Coronary Angioplasty (Off-label)
- 100 mg every 12 hours 30 minutes before or 2 hours after meals
- CrCl less than 25 mL/min: Use caution
- Moderate to severe: Use caution
- Safety and efficacy not established
Get tips on handling your hypertension.