Brand Name: Cortone
Generic Name: Cortisone
Drug Class: Corticosteroids
What Is Cortisone and How Does It Work?
Cortisone is a prescription drug and is a corticosteroid hormone (glucocorticoid). It decreases your body's natural defensive response and reduces symptoms such as swelling and allergic-type reactions.
Dosage of Cortisone:
Adult and Pediatric Dosages:
- 5 mg
- 10 mg
- 25 mg
Dosing Considerations – Should be Given as Follows:
- 2.5 mg/kg/day orally divided every 8 hours or 25-300 mg/day orally each day or divided every 12 hours
- 1-5 mg/kg intramuscularly each day
- 2.5 mg-10 mg/kg/day orally or 20-300 mg/m2/day orally divided every 6-8 hours
- 0.5-0.75 mg/kg/day orally divided every 8 hours or 25-35 mg/day
- 0.25-0.35 mg/kg intramuscularly each day
- 0.5-0.75 mg/kg/day orally or 20-25 mg/sq.meter/day orally divided every 8 hours
Allergies & Asthma
Improve treatments & prevent attacks.