Brand Name: Grifulvin V, Gris-PEG
Generic Name: Ezetimibe
Drug Class: Antifungals, Systemic
What Is Ezetimibe and How Does It Work?
Ezetimibe is a prescription drug used as therapy with lipid altering agents and should be only one component of multiple risk factor intervention in individuals at significantly increased risk for atherosclerotic vascular disease due to hypercholesterolemia. Drug therapy is indicated as an adjunct to diet when the response to a diet restricted in saturated fat and cholesterol and other nonpharmacologic measures along has been inadequate.
Ezetimibe is available under the following different brand names: Zetia.
Dosages of Ezetimibe:
Adult and Pediatric Dosages:
- 10 mg
Dosage Considerations – Should be Given as Follows:
- 10 mg orally each day
- Children under 10 years: safety and efficacy not established
- Children over 10 years: 10 mg orally each day
- Overdose management: Treatment should be supportive
- Monotherapy: No dosage adjustment required
- Moderate to severe: Renal impairment is a risk factor for statin-associated myopathy; caution when coadministered with doses of simvastatin exceeding 20 mg
- Mild (Child-Pugh class A): Dose adjustment not necessary
- Moderate to severe (Child-Pugh class B or C): Not recommended
Get the latest treatment options.