Brand Name: Cabren, Cardioplen XL, Felendil XL, Felogen XL, Felotens XL, Keloc SR, Neofel XL, Plendil, Renedil, Vascalpha
Generic Name: Felodipine
Drug Class: Calcium Channel Blockers; Calcium Channel Blockers, Dihydropyridine
What Is Felodipine and How Does It Work?
Felodipine is available under the following different brand names: Cabren, Cardioplen XL, Felendil XL, Felogen XL, Felotens XL, Keloc SR, Neofel XL, Plendil, Renedil, and Vascalpha.
Dosages of Felodipine:
Dosage Forms and Strengths
- 2.5 mg
- 5 mg
- 10 mg
Dosage Considerations – Should be Given as Follows:
- Initial 2.5-5 mg orally once/day
- Maintenance: 2.5-10 mg orally once/day; some recommend up to 20 mg/day
- Initial dose: 2.5 mg orally once/day; dosage should be adjusted according to patient response, and any increase made at intervals of at least 2 weeks
- Maximum dosage is 10 mg orally once/day
Hypertension, Pediatric (Off-label)
- Initial 2.5 mg orally once/day; no more than 10 mg orally once/day
- Initial: 2.5 mg orally once/day
Other Indications and Uses
- Off-label: congestive heart failure, angina
- Good choice in hyperlipidemia patients
- Pediatric: Safety and efficacy not established for other indications
Get tips on handling your hypertension.