Brand Name: Solidago
Generic Name: Goldenrod
Drug Class: Urology, Herbals
What Is Goldenrod and How Does It Work?
Goldenrod is an herbal supplement used as a diuretic, an anti-inflammatory, and an antispasmodic, as well as for gout, rheumatism, arthritis, eczema, acute pulmonary tuberculosis, diabetes, liver enlargement, hemorrhoids, internal bleeding, allergic rhinitis, asthma, prostatic hypertrophy, "irrigation therapy" to increase urine flow to treat/prevent inflammatory disease of the lower urinary tract, urinary calculi, and kidney gravel.
There is insufficient information available about effectiveness of goldenrod. More studies are needed.
Goldenrod is available under the following different brand names: Solidago.
Dosages of Goldenrod:
- Drink at least 2 liters of water each day while taking goldenrod
- One cup of tea twice to four times daily between meals
- Seep 1-2 tsp (3-5 g) of the dried herb in 150 ml boiling water for 5-10 minutes, strain
- Usual dose ranges from 6-12 g/day
Liquid Extract (1:1 in 25% ethanol)
- 0.5-2 ml twice to three times daily
Tincture (1:5 in 45% ethanol)
- 0.5-1 ml twice to three times daily
Dosage Considerations – Should be Given as Follows:
- See "Suggested Dosing"
Find out what women really need.