Brand Name: MnC12
Generic Name: Manganese
Drug Class: Trace Elements/Metals
What Is Manganese and How Does It Work?
Manganese is a mineral that is found in several foods including nuts, legumes, seeds, tea, whole grains, and leafy green vegetables. It is considered an essential nutrient, because the body requires it to function properly. People use manganese as medicine.
Manganese is used for prevention and treatment of manganese deficiency, a condition in which the body doesn't have enough manganese. It is also used for weak bones (osteoporosis), a type of "tired blood" (anemia), and symptoms of premenstrual syndrome (PMS).
Manganese is available under the following different brand names: MnC12
Dosages of Manganese:
- 10 mg (elemental)
- 15 mg (elemental)
- 93 mg (aspartate; 25 mg elemental)
- 50 mg (gluconate; 5.7 mg elemental)
- 16.67 mg
- 50 mg
Injectable Solution (adult and pediatric)
- 0.1 mg/ml
Dosage Considerations – Should be Given as Follows:
Adult, adequate intake
- Male: 1.9-2.3 mg/day
- Female: 1.6-1.8 mg/day
- Pregnancy: 2 mg/day
- Lactation: 2.6 mg/day
Pediatric, adequate intake
- Infants under 6 months; 0.3-0.6 mg/day
- Infants 6-12 months: 0.6-1.0 mg/day
- Children 1-3 years: 1.0-1.5 mg/day
- Children 3-8 years: 1.5-2.0 mg/day
- Children 8-13 years: 1.9 mg/day (males), 1.6 mg/day (females)
- Children 13-18 years: 2.2 mg/day (males), 1.6 mg/day (females)
Prevention of Deficiency
- Parenteral solution (TPN): 2-10 mcg/kg/day intravenously
- 5 mg orally each day
Find out what women really need.